Diwali is that time of the year when India is transformed into a magical happy place for one and all. Indian, globally, are in the festive spirit of “giving and receiving” literally as well as metaphorically. It is also a time when people are stressed about how to eat in a healthy manner along with keeping the traditions of feasting alive. Today I talk about “Sweet, healthy and happy” Diwali for one and all!
1. We are still in the midst of the COVID 19 and therefore it becomes increasingly important to think responsibly about our health. This dhanteras gift yourself and your loved ones good health. This is the best investment you’ll ever make so go ahead!
2. Spread happiness and cheer outside of your home – neighbours, local businesses, charitable organizations etc. Make this Diwali brighter for everyone around – remember your small contribution will go a long way.
3. Diwali calls for cleanliness – not only of our homes but our surroundings as well as inner selves. Delve deeper and clean the cobwebs inside.
4. Steer away from firecrackers and anything that could further toxify the air we breathe. Let’s keep the age-old tradition of respecting our environment and earth as Mother Earth relevant till date.
5. Feast in moderation – be mindful during eating the countless delicacies lovingly prepared during Diwali.
6. Remember to burn off the extra calories to remain fit, healthy and agile.
7. This is also a time for introspection and filling the inner self with positive thoughts and feelings.
8. Indulge in sweets – which are not loaded with saturated fats and sugar – but made of healthier options like Sandesh, suji halwa, date-nuts ladoos, amaranth-jaggery ladoos, milk cake, rasgulla etc.
9. Teach the younger generation the spiritual reason behind the festival rather than clouding it with the materialistic connotations which have been picked up on the way!
10. Enlighten yourself, your surroundings. Tamso Ma Jyotirgamayah – Move from darkness to light!
Let’s Sweeten, healthify and happify Diwali!!!
Happy Diwali! www.dravantina.com